In a Jiffy Hamburger Pasta
Perfectly Balance Your Plate
Serve with 2 cups mixed greens.
2 cups uncooked penne pasta
4 cups hot water
2 large carrots
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
1 can (28 oz/796 ml) unsalted diced tomatoes
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- Place pasta in Multipurpose Steamer. Stir in water. Cover; microwave on high until al dente, about 12 min. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, dice carrots. In Wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots; sauté until tender-crisp, about 3 min.
- Add tomato paste. Crumble in beef. Cook until meat is cooked through, 4–5 min. Using a Ground Meat Separator, stir and break up chunks halfway through cooking.
- Stir in tomatoes, topper blend, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5–6 min to let flavours blend. Reduce heat as needed.
- Add pasta; stir to combine, then spoon into bowls. For a thicker sauce, remove from heat; let rest 2–3 min before serving. Shake on additional topper blend, to taste.
Per serving: Calories 490, Fat 13 g (Saturated 5 g, Trans 0.4 g), Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g (Fibre 5 g, Sugars 11 g), Protein 32 g.
Swap carrots for zucchini, bell peppers, or mushrooms.